When Lindsay posted the Quilt-A-Long I started going through my stash to see what would work for this quilt. I have a number of 5″ charms left over from a variety of projects and thought this would be a great opportunity to use them. You can read about it here.
As I was putting the quilt together I really tried to not have same colors and/or same designs right near each other. For those piecing an entire quilt a good modification is to cut your background fabric in 5″ and 8″ strips in the width of the fabric first. Then subcut 2″ strips from that. I followed the bee block and didn’t get as much from my white as I normally like.
I made another modification to the pattern and just added one solid strip of aqua instead of the cross.
I have not stitched in the ditch in a while and my arms were very stiff afterwards. I’m really happy with the look it provides on the back of the quilt. For the top I really wanted the orange and purple quilting to be the focus.
I like designs that are simple and can use precuts. Quilting, designing and sewing is something I want to be relaxing. This is a good pattern and I look forward to finishing another version in the coming weeks.
**My goal for the month of January was to just get this quilt top pieced as posted, here. So happy I not only got it pieced, but quilted and bound as well.