With all of the snow and cold we have had in Indy it’s nice to have a large lightweight quilt to keep on the couch. This is the largest quilt I have quilted at home. Repairing this quilt was fairly easily.
The piecing was done by machine, not many seams were damaged. I took a trip to Jo-Anns to grab some coordinating solids and prints. To renew the quilt I just adhered small squares over any holes. They actually look like they belong on the quilt.
I wasn’t able to get out some of the stains but they blend for the most part.
The backing is a sheet I found at a thrift store. The sheet is actually one hubby and I had many years ago. Funny how that works out. The brown, black and gray stripes were perfect to go along with the prints on the top.
I wanted the quilting to be simple. Three organic straight lines through the center of each block. Really showcases the blocks on point.
To photograph this quilt was a challenge. The renewed school down the street was the perfect location. An old school that recently underwent a big renovation to make it more modern. Out back is a large tall fence around the track that would hold this quilt. My fence wouldn’t work considering we still have limbs from an earlier snow storm across the back of our yard.
This quilt is not perfect, it’s not museum quality. It’s one I really wanted to use in my home and withstand an infant, two dogs, and life in general.