Throughout 2012 I really want to try and work through my stash and scraps. In my collection were some 1930’s reproduction prints. Here is the original quilt I made with some of prints.
This one is for sale in my Etsy shop.
Using the same pattern I went through the more girly colors and decided to just focus on the pinks and purples. I still have a few colors but they will be going into my donation stash. They are not my style. I tried white instead of gray, but the gray was just right. I had just enough Kona Gray to finish making the blocks.
The piecing was easy. Once the blocks were made, the blocks did spend a few days on my design wall. I wanted balance with the prints.
Couldn’t resist using the new fabric from Riley Blake on the back. It is light gray with little white flowers. For the quilting I just wanted something simple. Criss cross diagonal lines in white finished off the quilt. The binding is a light pink solid from my stash.
The finished quilt is for sale in my Etsy shop.