This is my weekly update of projects that I am currently working on, ideas, completed projects, and other randomness that I throw in. Look for the posts on Wednesday mornings.
I had purchased some variety polka dot material in 4″ squares from Ebay many months ago. I finally starting on making something with them. I did a nine patch design, then cut into four big squares. I placed them randomly on the quilt and came up with an interesting design. One of my coworkers called it more Halloweenish. I didn’t like the way the quilting came out so Chickory, my puppy, will be enjoying this one in her cage.
- Have all the green, orange and yellow blocks cut and sewn. Now just time for the design/layout process.
- There is enough leftover material for the binding and back.
Quiltstars Swap quilt
- Waiting to get the blocks back. This is my first swap, so I’m pretty excited.
- Have the design/layout already thought out in my head.
- 1 of the quilts has been done since before we moved and I have just held on to it. I may be giving it to one of my nieces. I know they should go to kids in need, but I now live 1500 miles from them and do not get to see them very much.
- From those original first 5 yards I have made 2 more quilts.
- The 2nd one is ready to be pressed, pinned, quilted and finished. This will probably go to my other niece.
- The 3rd one I need to finish my felt design board so I can lay this one out. I want to do something different with it. Pictures to come later.
- My last donation quilt will be going to a close friend as she tries to figure out what is going on with her body. Since I can’t go with her, this would be a great way to be there with her.