Last week I went to go get my hair cut and while I was waiting for my wonderful stylist I noticed a design magazine. Normally, I do not read this genre of magazines. I gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised.
The pictures were bright, detailed, and inspirational. So what are the new trends? Here is what I noted:
- Gingham in both large & small prints
- Yellow…more specifically a gold color
- Scallop detail
- Natural details as in stone colors
- White as a crisp clean accent color
- Curves, circles, rounded items
- Pleats (my favorite)
I’m hoping to try and incorporate some of these into my next few projects. It was a great inspiration and I need to get my hands on some more. The picture below is my best google search attempt to throw most of the list above in a photo.