This month my main goal was to piece together the Bright Birch scrap blocks to swap with my friend. Once I cut the solids into 16″ x 16″ squares, it was pretty easy.
I had the scraps chain pieced then cut into 16″ strips. You can go through quiet a few scraps with this. What I had thought was enough wasn’t even close, so I had to sew more.
These blocks come together very quickly.
Here is the completed top. I apologize for the indoor night time lighting. It’s been so dreary outside and I don’t have big walls to tape this up.
I must have been on a roll yesterday. Not only did I piece the top together, I got the back pieced too. Originally I saw this quilt with a vintage sheet on the back. However, since this is scrappy and using my stash for this quilt, why not use some yardage that has just been sitting around.
Trust me there were a few I pulled that just need to get out of my stash. This backing was perfect. It’s not pretty but I think fits the quilt.
I started on the quilting last night and hope to finish it over the weekend. My goal is to be binding this bad boy during the SuperBowl.
I’m linking up with A Lovely Year of Finishes – January Finishes. Way to go everyone meeting your goals.