Sewing & Quilting
- Have you seen these adorable mini barn quilts? I foresee purchasing them as gifts for some of my quilty friends.
- After finding a plethora of solid scraps in my bin last week, these pillows are something I’m adding to my list.
- Lotta Jansdotter’s new book and a giveaway at my favorite fabric store.
- Well this makes me mad. How can a large company do this to small breweries? All the more reason to support local and buy from local vendors that support the same.
- Are you a brand enthusiast for a company? If so, share in the comments. I have supporting local/small businesses and hearing about those that others love.
- I adore Frangipani Body Products. It’s a local company with amazing products. The Shea Butter Softening lotion has changed my life and skin quality. It’s so soft and moisturizes with just a bit of product. Pretty sure my husband sneaks some for his dry skin. Tracy makes a variety of products and is very knowledgeable. If only you could meet her in person and see how bubbly and awesome she is.
- We can be our own worst critic. Do you let that stop you from gifting something handmade? Katie with Swim Bike Quilt talks about some old projects she hesitated giving and sending them along.
- This is an old poem that a coworker sent over to me last week. Heavy Threads by Hazel Hall.
“When the dawn unfolds like a bolt of ribbon/Thrown through my window,/I know that hours of light/Are about to thrust themselves into me/Like omnivorous needles into listless cloth,/Threaded with the heavy colours of the sun./They seem altogether too eager,/To embroider this thing of mine,/My Day,/Into the strict patterns of an altar cloth;/Or at least to stitch it into a useful garment./But I know they will do nothing of the kind./They will prick away,/And when they are through with it/It will look like the patch quilt my grandmother made/When she was learning to sew.” (Hall, 1921).
- Never had I heard the phrase “grandmapal” until this story. It’s the perfect phrase for the love and admiration I had for my gma.
Posts from this week
Hall, Hazel. “Heavy Threads.” Academy of American Poets. Academy of American Poetrs, n.d. Web 28 November 2015.