This quilt was supposed to be finished last spring. Of course I put it off for a number of reasons. Last weekend I was determined to get it finished. My goal for the rest of year, finish up projects. Obviously so I can start more.
No pattern was used and I really liked it. I had hit a creative roadblock with the project originally, but I put it on the wall and it came to me.
These are batiks from a manufacturer’s sample I had collected a few years back. Solid is Kona Black. Too bad it collects any hair, thread, and/or fuzzies within 10 feet of the quilt.
For the back I used a Hoffman purple batik. Could have gone just straight line quilting like normal. This is a special quilt for our really good friend’s baby. I have never done any quilting like this and was really happy with the result. No bunching, no real issues.
I will be trying the quilting again.
Along with the quilt, I picked out a book to be read to the now toddler. Hoping she snuggles under the quilt while the book is read to her.
Used stash fabric and finally got something finished some my unfinished project bags.