Christmas around our house this year is going to be great. P will be old enough to really enjoy tearing into presents and all the festivities that go along with the holidays. I wanted to start working on decorations to have ready. We need something more than a tree this year.
Using Publisher, I created templates for Noel and Joy. If you would like a copy of the templates I am more than happy to email you a copy. The templates were printed on freezer paper in my home printer.
- Freezer paper
- 12.5″ x 12.5″ squares in solids (Kona Coal) and prints
- Fabric paint (I chose metallic gold and glitter gold)
- Paint brush or sponge
- Your trusty iron
I wanted small pillows because they are easier to store. Many pillow average 16″ squared or 20″ squared finished.
1. Cut the freezer paper to 8.5″ x 11″ to run through the printer.
2. Print the NOEL and JOY on the freezer paper. You will want it printed on the matte side of the paper. Cut out your letters.
4. Paint the letters and cut outs with your desired paint. I chose the metallic for the letters and glitter for the reindeer. I wish the glitter paint would have covered better after two coats, but I’m okay with the results.