Using the green, blue, yellow, gray and orange fabrics from the fat quarter set, a boy’s quilt was created. Using the same random pieced layout as his sister’s was a bit harder. There were limited fabrics without flowers. I wanted to incorporate them but not overwhelm the quilt.
The quilting is done in wonky straight lines in a light grey thread.
Coordinates really well with the solid Kona Ash grey back.
Using 2.5 inch strips left over from the top fabrics, I created a pieced binding. I did the same for the girl’s quilt.
So glad I got to use this great new fabric when it’s actually new. I’m usually so far behind on fabrics that nothing is “new” when I get to sew with it.